If you’re a Tenant looking for a new home to rent it can be a daunting task. Finding a home at the right price and then having to consider all the move-in costs plus ensuring you have an agent that is helpful and trustworthy, goodness there is a lot to think about. We make it so simple. Step by step and before you know it you’ve found a home you love in the right location and a scheduled move-in date. Click here for the UK How To Rent Guide we want you to be informed.
Safety in your home
Prior to your Check in we have a few checks with the Landlord to ensure your new home is safe.
Has your Landlord carried out the following?
- Have they made sure that the gas equipment is safely installed and maintained by a Gas Safe registered engineer
- Have they had a registered engineer do an annual gas safety check on each appliance and flue
- Have they given you a copy of the gas safety check record before you moved in, or within 28 days of the check
- Have they made sure that the electrical system is safe, for example sockets and light fittings?
- Have they made sure that the appliances supplied are safe, for example cookers and kettles
- Have they provided a smoke alarm on each storey and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a solid fuel burning appliance (for example a coal fire or wood burning stove
- Have they checked you have access to escape routes at all times
- Have they made sure the furniture and furnishings they supply are fire
- Have they provided fire alarms and extinguishers (if the property is a large house in multiple occupation (HMO)
Some Agent’s do some Agents don’t…
It’s vital to us that you receive the following when you Check-in
- The signed Application of Tenancy showing your full financial breakdown and all monies you have paid to us.
- The signed AST – your contract
- The UK Governments How to Rent Guide
- The properties Gas Safety Certificate
- The properties Energy Performance Certificate
- Your Deposit Certificate
- Your Inventory/Check-in Report
- A set of keys for each tenant named on the agreement
- Our Property Management contact details or if we do not manage your home, your Landlords contact details.
- Your Meter Readings for the utility companies
- Your Council Tax information
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to pass my references?
- Reserve the property with a one weeks rent as a holding deposit. (This will be deducted from your final move-in money)
- Provide your 3 forms of ID
- Complete and Sign the Application of Tenancy
- Complete your references
- Review your AST (Contract)
- Pay your final move-in money
How much is my deposit?
We require 5 weeks of your monthly rent as a Security Deposit. Your deposit is protected in a custodial scheme with The DPS Deposit Protection we will send you the certificate within 30 days of your check-in. Concerned you’ll get it back? We want you to have this back in full within 14 days of you vacating the property so we’ll visit you prior to your Check-Out and use your Check-In report with you to make sure you leave the property in the same condition as when you moved-in. You’ll know exactly what is expected before the Inventory Clerk arrives on the Check-Out date.
Please note, in some cases, at their request, your Landlord may hold the security deposit in a Government approved and protected scheme. You must receive the Deposit Certificate within 30 days of you paying your deposit to us.
How much is the move in monies?
- 5 Weeks deposit (Held in a Government approved deposit protection scheme)
- First Months rent
- No Admin Fee
- No Inventory/Check in fee
- No Reference fee